MRV – Monitoring Plan Assistance
The EU MRV (Monitoring, Reporting, Verification) regulation requires ship owners and vessel operators to monitor and report CO2-emission for vessels larger than 5,000 gross tonnage (GT) calling at any EU and EFTA (Norway and Iceland) port annually. Data collection takes place on a per voyage basis and begins on 1 January 2018.
By 31st of August 2017, MRV Monitoring Plans have to be submitted to the respective certified verifier.
The reported CO2 emission, together with some other relevant data will need to be verified by independent certified bodies and sent to a central database managed by the European Maritime Safety Agency (EMSA). The collected ship emission and efficiency data will be published by the EC from 30 June 2019 onwards and then in every consecutive year.
VEINLAND assists shipping companies on the development of the MRV Monitoring Plan for new and existing ships in accordance with EU 2015/757.
- Detailed instructions and responsibilities
- Full integration of any MRV specific requirement
- Vessel specific updates with latest requirements, legislation and procedures
- Full support provided after development of MRV monitoring plan
- Full compliance with national and international regulations and common marine practice
Request a Callback
You have questions or need further information?
Let us know when we can reach you best by telephone.
One of our experts will be in touch with you shortly.